The Idaho’s Best Business awards (formerly Best of Treasure Valley™), are not like any other. As the biggest and most popular awards in Idaho, we give out both regional and statewide awards.
There are three stages of the Idaho’s Best awards that span several months.
Nominations (Stage 1)
- Idaho residents can nominate an eligible candidate for any Idaho’s Best category.
- For our 2022 awards, the nomination period is December 1-17, 2021.
- Nominations are subject to approval by Inbound Systems to ensure the category is relevant to the nominee.
- Based on nominations and reviews, we will announce up to 15 candidates per category. These nominees will advance to Stage 2.
- IMPORTANT: Once you have been nominated, be sure to claim it by February 17, 2022! Candidates that claim their nomination are given preference in the final results (i.e. tie breakers).
Voting (Stage 2)
- Idaho residents with a mobile phone can vote for a nominee.
- For our 2022 awards, the voting period is February 1-17, 2022.
- To retain the most reliable results, participants are restricted to one vote per category. Participants may vote for the same company more than once IF it’s in a different category.
- The top three to six nominees with the highest score in each category (averaged, if multiple locations) move onto Stage 3 as finalists.
- Finalists will be announced on our website as soon as we are able to verify the results.
- To help a nominee obtain votes, please share the voting page via email, social media, radio ads, etc.
Reputation (Stage 3)
- This is where the Idaho’s Best Business awards shine! Rather than just a popularity contest of votes, we also count online reviews. Specifically, we’ll capture the previous 12 calendar months of reviews leading up to February 17, 2020.
- A finalist’s overall rating and the number of 5-star reviews (averaged, if multiple locations) on Google are included in the equation. Basically, the higher the rating and the more 5-star reviews received, the better the chances are of winning.
- We will also reference data from the Better Business Bureau to make sure only the best Idaho businesses are crowned the winners. BBB Accreditation does not influence results.
- Because reviews are more difficult to obtain, we give them more value in the final calculation. Our simplified formula for determining the winners of each category:
5-Star Reviews x Overall Rating + Votes
Announcing the Winners
Awards will be given on a statewide and regional basis. The regions are Central Idaho, Eastern Idaho, Panhandle, and Treasure Valley.
Once the votes and reviews have been tallied, and we’ve checked the BBB ratings of each finalist, we’ll reveal who they are on our website in March, 2022.
We will first announce the winners at our Idaho’s Best Businesses Awards Banquet across two evenings on May 10-11, 2022 in the Boise area.
If you’re a finalist, be sure to get your tickets as soon as they become available! We sell out very quickly each year. At the banquet, expect to be entertained while you enjoy a nice dinner as we announce the winners for our 2022 Idaho’s Best Business Awards. It really is a great time!
For those who are not able to attend the event, we will also announce the winners here on our website within a few business days.
Finally, we’ll announce the finalists and winners in our annual Idaho’s Best Magazine that is scheduled to be published within a couple of months after the awards banquet.