In 2019 we ran the Best of Treasure Valley™ contest serving just the Boise Metro area. For our 2020 contest, we rebranded and expanded!
Now, the Treasure Valley is just one of three regions across the state of Idaho that can compete in our new statewide contest called Idaho’s Best™. This year we’ll be giving both regional and statewide awards.
How It Works
There are three stages of the Idaho’s Best™ contest, all of which you may influence to your advantage:
Nominations (Stage 1)
- Anyone with a valid Idaho address can nominate an eligible organization/place for any Idaho’s Best™ category.
- For our 2020 contest, the nomination period is from September 3-13.
- Nominations are subject to approval by Inbound Systems to ensure the category is relevant to the nominee.
- Organizations/places that have the top nomination counts within a category (maximum 10 nominees) will advance to Stage 2.
- IMPORTANT: Once your company has been nominated, be sure to claim it! Companies that claim their nomination are given preference in final results.
Voting (Stage 2)
- Anyone with a valid Idaho address and a mobile phone can vote for a nominee.
- For our 2020 contest, the voting period is October 14-31.
- To retain the most reliable results, participants are restricted to one vote per category. Participants may vote for the same company more than once if they have been nominated in a different category.
- The top three nominees with the most votes in each category (averaged, if multiple locations) move onto Stage 3 as finalists.
- Finalists will be announced on our website as soon as we are able to verify the results.
- To help a nominee obtain votes, share the voting page with your friends, family, and coworkers.
Reviews (Stage 3)
- This is where the Idaho’s Best™ contest shines! Rather than just a popularity contest of votes, we also consider online reviews from the previous 12 calendar months leading up to October 31, 2019.
- A finalist’s overall rating and the number of 5-star reviews (averaged, if multiple locations) on Google and Yelp are counted. Basically, the higher the rating and the more 5-star reviews received, the better the chances are of winning.
- New to this year’s contest we have partnered with the Better Business Bureau to use their data and make sure only the best Idaho businesses are crowned the winners. BBB Accreditation does not influence results.
- Our simplified formula for determining the winners of each category: 5-Star Reviews x Overall Rating + Votes
Announcing the Winners
Awards will be given on a statewide and regional basis. The regions are Treasure Valley, Panhandle, and Eastern Idaho.
Once the votes and reviews have been tallied, we will first announce the winners at the Idaho’s Best™ Awards Banquet. We’re holding the banquet across two evenings on December 3rd and 4th, 2019 in downtown Boise.
If you’re a finalist, be sure to get your ticket as soon as they are available! We sold out in just 80 minutes last year.
At the banquet, expect to be entertained while you enjoy a nice dinner as we announce the 2020 Idaho’s Best™ Winners. It really is a great time!
For those who are not able to attend the banquet, we will also announce the winners here on our website the very next day.
What is required to enter our company in the Idaho’s Best™ contest?
- The published address for the company needs to be in Idaho.
- A company must have a published Google My Business profile.
How do we win the Idaho’s Best™ contest?
- If you get the word out to your friends, family, and customers, they should vote for you. We provide a great selection of free and paid marketing materials to help you with this.
- Once you have made it to Stage 2, it comes down to the combination of 3 numbers… votes, online rating, and 5-star reviews. If you didn’t get the most votes, but your online reviews are spectacular, then it’s possible that you can beat out the company with the most votes. Alternatively, if you don’t have the best online reviews, but you overwhelmingly win the vote, then you still have a possibility of winning. Of course, your chances of winning are guaranteed if your votes and online reviews are the best.
Can I pay to enter or win the Idaho’s Best™ contest?
- If you’ve been nominated, it’s currently free to claim your nomination.
- No, you cannot pay to win. Sponsoring or becoming a client of ours also does not have an influence on the contest’s outcome.
How do I get notifications for the voting and results?
- First, follow us on Facebook!
- We also provide email notifications when there’s news and information to share. Just be sure that we have your email address! To sign up, click here.
How do we get in the magazine?
- All winners and finalists will be mentioned in the 2020 Idaho’s Best™ full-color magazine.
- If you’d like to receive more prominent exposure, consider placing an ad.
- Are you a sponsor? You get up to 20% in discounts for magazine ads.
How do we get on the website?
- Become a nominee or finalist within a category.
- Purchase banner ads to attract visibility, nominations, and votes.
- Buy a Spotlight Article in the magazine and we’ll republish it to our blog on it’s own page.
How do we get 5-star reviews?
- It should go without saying, but you first have to deserve it by providing 5-star service! Happy customers are more likely to rate you with 5-stars.
- Make it easy for your happy customers to review you online without bribing them. We’ve partnered with RevenueJump to assist you with this step. Ask for their $39/mo Unlimited Plan.
What if a nominee cheats or tries to game the system?
- The integrity of the contest is of utmost importance to Inbound Systems, its affiliates, and its finalists and winners. Cheating will not be tolerated.
- At our sole discretion, if we determine a nominee has attempted to unethically improve its standing within the contest, or hurt another nominee’s standing in the contest, we may disqualify the nominee, or strip the finalist or winner of the title.
- If you’re not sure about the tactics you are using to get nominations, votes, or reviews, please clear it with us first!
Can our company compete in more than one category?
- Yes, you may be nominated for multiple categories as long as they are relevant (subject to our approval).
We won. Now what?
- First of all, congratulations! You know how many competitors you have, so take a moment and enjoy it.
- Next, use your newly-obtained credential to enhance your marketing. This includes your website, social media, building, advertising, printed materials, voicemail scripts, sales pitches, etc. To assist you along the way, we’ll email you a list of resources. Just make sure you see the email and open it to take full advantage.
Can I suggest a new category?
- Of course, we’re always open to new suggestions. Feel free to contact us. However, with dozens and dozens of categories, the most of any such contest in Idaho, we probably have you covered.
NOTE: We reserve the right to update and/or clarify these guidelines at our own discretion. Although we don’t plan on doing so, check back for updates.